Cory made me a cake for the first time this year. Doesn't it look delicious?! Well it was! Strawberry lemonade cake with four layers; and he made it all by himself :)
We celebrated with dinner (sushi, yum), cake of course and a rented movie (We bought a Zoo). Overall, a great day!
Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake!!Moist strawberry cake layered with a rich lemonade cream filling. Introducing summer——on a plate!
- One box of strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 packet (0.23oz.) of Kool-Aid Lemonade
- Yellow food coloring gel (as desired for color)
- 2 cups Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme (we only used 1 cup)
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Topping
- Fresh strawberries to garnish.
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 9 inch round cake pans as directed. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
- Mix marshmallow creme in and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth. Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut.
- Cut each cake layer in half.
- Alternating layers of cake with layers of filling, assemble cake. End with layer of filling.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.