Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!

Totally failed at getting a picture of the family. :( Not that Bree enjoyed the evening. She just kept telling us to shut off the fireworks. Last year she wasn't around any fireworks and we just didn't know what to expect. We thought after awhile she would warm up to them. Not so much! At one point she was crying so hard I just felt horrible for making her watch just a few. So Bree and I spent the evening huddled in a chair with my hands over her ears. She did fall asleep during them, which I still am amazed about.

The whole day wasn't a complete bust. We went swimming at the Y...Bree has really began to like the pool. Every time we go the the Y she thinks we are there for the POOL!  Some days it is just for playing time.

After swimming we enjoyed an ice cream treat from Sonic. Followed by watching Kiki (Bree's new favorite movie...one of course she would watch 10 times a day if I let her). Cory didn't watch Kiki, he worked in the garage on her dresser. I was able to catch up with my dear friend, Lauren. Miss her so much and can't believe it has been over a year since I have seen her. Allen, Alaina and Ryin joined us for dinner and a fireworks.

Overall, a pretty good family day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment