Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Allergy testing

Poor baby girl had to do three hours of allergy testing and blood work yesterday. She was such a trooper! She did cry and was really uncomfortable for most of the visit but since she was SO brave I took her to get ice cream after. She didn't like the vanilla dish I ordered her so I, feeling so bad for what she just went through, gave her my shake :)

We really wanted to get the testing done just to make sure she wasn't going to end up in the ER again...well at least cut her chances! After the 5 hour trip in December I have been so nervous that I didn't know what to do when she is exposed to something she shouldn't be. I've always carried her Epi-pen, but really I hope I never have to use it. Now I feel like we have some more clarification and instructions to follow. Hopefully, we still don't have to use it.

Almost instantly she reacted to all of the nuts. Almonds, pecans and walnuts were the worst, but all tree nuts and peanuts are a no go. She did show a few slight allergies dogs and hay fever...nothing to worry about too much. She was reacting so fast to the tree nuts they had to giver her the steroids to stop the reaction. Today she still has some residual hives/spots on her back. 

her poor back, so itchy

No comments:

Post a Comment